Agnostic.com

7 11

Boy...quite a large herd of elk west of town here in Loveland CO this afternoon. Perhaps the past two days of over 45deg has them migrating down from the high country to 4600ft looking for grass shoots.

#elk
Highway-Starr 7 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now, here's the video from the shop owner after the elk walked into his store. Its 10min long and shows the elk already in looking at the owner, then turns that big body around 180deg with that huge rack and doesn't touch anything. Finally the cops lured him out of the store with an apple

Speaking of elk: My sister and I were in this Estes Park CO store about two weeks before this happened. I sometimes buy crystal pendants from this little middle-eastern guy that owns the place for my crafts. Remember the old jokes where they start out 'an elk walked into the bar'? Well, this big fella walked into a store! This is the first video taken that shows this bull elk walking into the store.

I like that CO housing communities builds around the elk migration. I was visitng freinds there, me a Kansas...My dog looked up and we were looking at moose, feeding in a freind's back yard. I did not know my and my dog would agtaite them or not. Luckily, my dog thought it was great to be quiet and go the other way.

Moose are about the most dangerous...because their eyesight is so bad...they think most things that move are a threat. Glad they didn't get annoyed by your dog!

Awww. That's so cool.

Loveland. Ahhhh. Memories of that place 37 years ago. I took off from my hometown of Laramie, Wyoming to travel for a year or so....I made it as far as Loveland before my truck broke down. Ended up staying there a month or so working for a temp agency and living in a cheap hotel.....

What part of loveland? I work off Eisenhower and van Buren and I didnt see em 😟

Further west about three miles. They were on Glade Road north about 1/8mi from Sandy's gas station.

@Highway-Starr ohh yeah that's why I didn't see em. My normal stopping grounds don't go that far west, I'm usually up east of Fort Collins unless I'm working.

Our elk have migrated to 5000+ to get out of the cold, and hunger. I will try and get a photo so we can compare.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.