Agnostic.com

16 6

I live in NC andcurrently there is a big push to make a Billy Graham national holiday along with a statue of him to be erected in Washington DC.   What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I think it took them a week to long to bury him and with all the things he said about various groups etc that he doesn't deserve anything. If they are going to take down all the confederate statutes then why should he get either

Dstivers 4 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Billy Graham's fame was created by Hearst's admiration of Hitler and fear of cominusim.

[patheos.com]

The holiday idea is OK....everyone could use a day off with pay.

I object! This is yet another example of the ''religious right'' trying to glorify a SHAMAN because they liked his bigoted views.

I'm wholly opposed to Billy Graham getting a statue or a holiday. It's absurd to me. What has good thing has he done for the people of this nation? Not a damn thing and actually, he's done so much harm by using his influence to erode the separation of church and state. Also, he was a bigot.

If you believe in hatred, antisemtism, and Trump's ideals; then you would be all for it....

Absolutely not! A multi millionaire who professed to be a follower of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth? Hot ice!

No way. He was a nice guy and helped a lot of people get by one day at a time but he was a religious figure. Our government must be secular. Our government is for all the people and not a "chosen few".

What's with so many people who worship these bigots?

WTF?!

That's not going to happen. Maybe it could become a NC state holiday, so that NC has yet another reason to be a laughingstock. But even in the midst of the Trumpocalypse I don't see it becoming a national holiday.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, .....

They should put it next to the statue of Trump.

He deserves nothing. He was a charlatan.

I'm in NC too and I'm embarrassed that this is even happening.

I think it took them 90 years too long to bury him.
Sorry, that wasn't nice ...

What can you do about it? It is not up to you or me, it is up to the NC legislature and your only recourse for action is in the voting booth.

They are trying to make this a federal holiday

@Silvertongue I yield to Emmeline Pankhurst and activism.

Meh. He was a jerk and his son is worse but there are too many other bad things to pay attention to like what Trump and his co-criminals are doing to care about him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32739
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.