Agnostic.com

5 1

I found out last night my ex best friend passed away. She had a heart attack. I knew her from my old group home. We were best friends. She ended up moving out ro her own apartment. For 2-3 years we would talk daily on the phone. About a year ago, she seemed distant and depressed. She had schizophrenia. One day she cut me out of her life and didn't want to talk to me anymore. I waited until November 2017 to reconnect. I called but both of her phones were shut off. So I gave up. Her sister in Georgia found my number in her phone and called to tell me. They don't know why she shut her phones off. They tried calling and writing letters. I think she became a recluse. She must not have been taking her medication either. I am so sad to hear this news. Her name was Erika. She was 50ish.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sorry to hear that

Thanks.

You're welcome@Sarahroo29

I'm sorry for your loss. 😟

It's okay.

The most that any person can do is to participate in 50% of the friendship. If the other person withdraws from the friendship (maybe she was embarrassed to tell people about her diagnosis?), you cannot force them to return to it. People change, circumstances change, illness affects one's energy and perceptions, there is so much that can alter one's approach to life. Yes, it is sad that this happened to Erika and that it brought this sadness into your life. You upheld your side of the relationship until you no longer had the option of doing so. Try to honor Erika's memory by looking at the new people that come into your life and offering support where you sense they need it. And giving them space when you think they need that.

Okay. Thanks.

Sorry about your friend. You did your best trying to maintain the bond.

Yep.

Wow, that's awful! I am sorry that you lost her.

Zster Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

I miss her.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32800
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.