Agnostic.com

4 13

New human species discovered in Philippines cave

"In a study released Wednesday by the journal Nature, scientists describe a cache of seven teeth and six bones from the feet, hands and thigh of at least three individuals. They were recovered from Callao Cave on the island of Luzon in the northern Philippines in 2007, 2011 and 2015.

"Tests on two samples show minimum ages of 50,000 years and 67,000 years."

Take THAT, anti-science morons! Science is true whether or not you believe in it.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As much as I love mountains, Literate, caves are one of my few other weak spots. I've been in a few with people from the USGS and listened to them explain the age of stone and the science behind it. When you are several hundred feet down questioning raw facts, you only doubt it if there is an earthquake wearing a beard that suddenly shows up.

"...an earthquake wearing a beard that suddenly shows up." Don't smoke weed and post at the same time. It makes you appear idiotic.

@dahermit
I'm sorry you have no imagination.

@LimitedLight Yeah, I worked in a psych ward in the army...we had several like that. They would babble-on about nonsense with a look on their face that indicated that what they said was so profound.

@LimitedLight I am however, aware of dolts babbling shit in an attempt to impress the ladies.

I listened to a report on NPR today about this discovery. Very interesting.

This discovery will have little effect on the religious. You can’t reason yourself out of something you didn’t reason yourself into.

Yes, but they say it is faith that is more important than science, they say and we just laugh at it. If we would not laugh we would be crying every day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:328493
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.