Agnostic.com

6 4

My thoughts about people who believe: If it gives someone comfort to think that there is a god, a place, an afterlife, then who am I to argue? As long as their beliefs bring no harm to anyone-who cares?

Melind 6 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with you in general. However, members of the dominant religious group seem to feel they have the right to impose their will upon the rest of us. It seems to happen that way in every culture.

I believe that everyone has the right to hold religious beliefs if they so choose -- consciously. But, NO ONE has the right to try to impose his or her religious beliefs on me! Freedom of religion MUST include freedom FROM religion!

There are different degrees of belief, from the die hard bible thumper to the "I believe in God but not in religion'. Most of the people I went to school with were practicing Christians and today it's not thought of much. You'll get the odd sending prayers, a poem about Rainbow Bridge, that kind of thing but religion has lost its hold on them. I have a couple of friends that are spiritual in a natural sense, the potential goodness people and taking care of the earth kind.

The world is changing and people are evolving, education has a lot to do with it but we will always have the die-hards who won't give up no matter what.

Betty Level 8 Nov 10, 2017

Yup - more power to them.

As long as they don't try to "sell", or tell me I need to know Jesus before I die ... ugh.

This is pretty much where I am. Don't preach doctrine to kids, don't try to push your beliefs (or lack thereof) on anyone else.

Exactly. And so long as they don't try and impose their beliefs on me, then all is well 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.