Agnostic.com

11 2

OK. Who has been to Ireland. What do you honestly think of it?

Gianni 4 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lived 11 years in Europe, but never visited Ireland until a few months before moving back stateside. After 2nd day there, my children asked why we hadn't been coming there all the time. It was absolutely delightful. The beauty and hills to run in, the wam, sincere, inviting people, the history, hearing the nightly news in Gaelic, pints of Guiness tasting and feeling nothing like I'd ever sampled outside the country... and the MUSIC. Local jams in every village. I'd move there anytime.

I am glad so many of you had positive experiences of my country.

Backpacked there by myself in 1994. It was beautiful. Dublin was great.

Shannon air port had some interesting Guinness stands. Coming back from Saudi Arabia during the gulf war, I found the air port, or their beer stands, very nice.

Oh were you in the military?

Retired Navy. @Gianni

I'm ashamed to say, given that I live so near, that I've never been to Ireland.

Must fix that!

i spent a month at a boarding school in Gormanston county Meath during the summer of 76. very peaceful and beautiful countryside.

Just a couple days of Northern Ireland and Dublin. Liked them both a lot and would love to see more!

Have been to Ireland once, and would love to go back. My favorite site in Dublin was the
Kilmainham Gaol, mainly because of its incredible history. Also enjoyed the Guinness warehouse (former brewery), St. Patrick's Cathedral, and seeing the Book of Kells at Trinity College.

We planned well and saw most of the sites which are considered "must-see." Among my favorites are Cahir Castle, where some scenes in the movie "Excalibur" were filmed, Cliffs of Mohr, Dingle Peninsula, and Glendalough Monastery. Newgrange was awe-inspiring.

I would love to go back and revisit all of these sites and more. I particularly would like to see races at the Curragh,

A bar and a lawyer's office every 30 feet or so 🙂

I liked Dublin very much, a lot to see, friendly people. Loved the River Liffey; statues, students, and museums are everywhere. The Guinness's factory at St James's Gate has a circular roof that gives a panoramic view of the down town. Well worth the 16.5 euro fee, which includes a pint and a lot of interesting history.

Also visted Baltimore in Cork, beautiful little town by the sea. Stayed in B&B which has a bar attached, the local gathering place, great people and super time.

Driving was a challange, driving on the left side was not the problem just follow traffic, but I continually had a problem finding 1st gear with my left hand, also I tended to try to get into the passenger side of the car.

cava Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

Just the once, for my 40th, and loved it. But from doing my family tree I'm roughly 20% Irish so I could be bias 🙂

I havne't been but it is my fantasy vacation. I am drawn to so many of the Irish ways and music. I will be following to see what everyone says

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32993
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.