Agnostic.com

11 6

Ladies, what is a pickup line that would "have you" first time it's used?

Here's one that was successfully used on me by my beautiful, married, Thai boss in 2013:

"I know where some Helmeted Hornbills are nesting, over by Krabi. School is closed on Monday; do you want to go with me to see them?"

We had a great day, buying fresh fruit from roadside vendors, hiking the jungle, seeing bright blue pools deep in the jungle, with glimpses of rare birds, but I never allowed it to be anything other than platonic.

She tried later, more pointedly, but I was "too busy."

I don't include men, since I assume anything a woman said to (most normal, cis, hetero) men indicating she wanted sex, would do it. But any clever (nonsexual) pickup lines for ladies are welcome.

birdingnut 8 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Your eyes are alive" works for me..it means they're seeing beyond the exterior..

mine would have been a similar topic, in much the same place, krabi, actually. he was a tall handsome thai who'd spent half his life in germany, but come back for good now, running a small basic holiday resort near the river mouth. one afternoon he asked me if i'd seen the otters who were living in the mangroves. i said i had, & he suggested to have a look later to possibly see them playing in the fullmoon light.... i fully agreed.... 🙂

You're a bass player? What's your sign? Let me see your palm... Do you like oral sex? I have a trust fund... I think I'm drunk. Do you live close by? I own a penthouse suite. You make your OWN beer? Wanna come over for a glass of wine?

Guess which one hooked me. We're now married 21 years.

you're a bass player, lady Hominid?

@walklightly - Bzzzzt!

@Hominid 😀 bird!

I never got the concept of a pickup line. Most of the ones I keep reading sound like a prepared canned text and that would be an immediate turn off.
No pickup line could attract nearly as much as the right smile, for example, but could be lots of other things.

Don't care what the exact words are, as long as she gets across that she's a childfree lesbian Doctor Who fan.

One pick up line that I thought was clever but I've never used is, "I'll buy dinner if you'll make breakfast."

you buy & she works? yeah, that'll do me .... not.

Useless.

Very romantic.

I had a guy message me "I'll show you my library if you show me yours" which was a great hook.

I'm not sure I can even use a pick-up line, maybe if it I could just say something overtly ridiculous but they knew was a pick-up line just to be funny.
I posted this a while ago, but there was a study done on pickup lines, or chatup lines as they say in the UK. Here is a podcast taking about them, among other things [theguardian.com]

JeffB Level 6 Mar 5, 2018

She'd have gotten me though I suspect her interest would have precluded any attempt.

Waltz Level 4 Mar 5, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33008
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.