Agnostic.com

3 1

Fear. What is it? Is fear real or is it just an imagination of possible events that may or may not even happen?

Clare 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think fear can be positive - like a pop up for a caution - it also promotes some adrenaline so that you have something in you for fight or flight - If there is nothing to really fear its good to give yourself a good shake or run on the spot for a little while and pump your arms because adrenaline is mostly in your arms and legs - giving them a bit of a work out ususally stops the fearfullness' if you frighten yourself with events that may or may not happen I think the remedy is the same just run round the block - laughing helps as well you can start by chortling then it take sover and you can belly laugh after a bit that mostly works too.

It's very real..we evolved with it hardwired into us..I experienced it the day I was told I had throat cancer..and when I was jumped by 2 men in a parking lot..

Without the emotion of fear, we might not have survived. Fear is nature's response to that which threatens life and limb. The sudden release of adrenalin may have been all that was needed to keep one alive so that they could reproduce. Those who were too stupid to be afraid either became heroes or supper. But fear cannot be allowed to dominate the psyche—those who live in a constant state of fear are not only emotionally, but physically unhealthy. And fear is inextricably linked to anger, that other base emotion.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.