Agnostic.com

4 1

QUESTION Lawmakers pass bill for abortion insurance

This is something that can counter the asinine rulings from the rabid, religious wrong. I sometimes feel our country is becoming separated and a civil war of laws is transpiring.

JackPedigo 9 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This will go over well in eastern WA, I can hear the gop glamouring to separate from the west side of the state.

How many times have e been down this road. Without Western Washington and the prt where does that leave the red side.

I had my annual physical today (just like tRump, perfect but unlike him, it is true). and was seen by a new temp doctor (he spends most of his time on Orcas but comes to Lopez once a week). He is from a small town in Oregon and we talked about the split which is there as well. I mentioned the Cascade Curtain and he laughed and said he had never heard the expression before.

IMO, if the pro-life people want to press their will on others, it is they who must accept reposibility for the unwanted children through adulthood. Their arguement should be prefaced by "How may children pro life families must adopt and care for" when unwanted children are actually born. Maybe it should be they who take out insurance.

jeffy Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

These people talk about life beginning at conception and the sanctity of life, that is until they try to take their guns away, then the sacred lives are fair game. Life begins at conception and ends at birth to these people.

@JackPedigo Here's another idea - for every unwanted child who isn't aborted, an escrow account must be established FBO of that child by the Republican National Committee from political donations in the amount of $233,610 (2018 $, to be adjusted for inflation). Seems fair to me! It's only $280,332,000,000/yr at a rate of 1.2M abortions a year. With 55M registered Republicans, their share of that bill per registered voter will only be $5100/yr. [usatoday.com]

@jeffy The big problem with Conservatives is that they somehow feel that every person aborted is a loss of future tax revenue (they actually say this). They don't seem to understand that our country has the largest population ever yet we still have a huge deficit. Unwanted children are a tax burden not a tax addition.

In Iran, the tax code was set up so that the first child was a tax deduction. the second was not and the third was a tax liability.

Many welfare centers currently offer birth control pilols and they are not taken by the women. The more kids they have the more welfare they can collect.It should not be required to have a policy as it should always be covered under health care.

The women who might benefit most from it would be unlikely to buy such a product. I certainly wouldn't have. I was not the kind of woman who would ever need an abortion, since I was careful to use birth control responsibly. (Until I needed one, of course, when my birth control method failed.) The women who don't use birth control, or are impregnated by force, wouldn't be covered, amirite? Or would you make it mandatory?

The ruling simply dictates the insurance companies must cover all family planning services.
Studies have long shown that giving birth, especially in developing countries, is far more dangerous than abortions. Childbirth is one of the leading causes of death for women worldwide.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.