Agnostic.com

7 1

What's the most unpleasant noise/sound you have ever heard?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would have to be those shitty leaf blowers that you hear nearly everyday, all around us that break the sound barriers. And, they go on and on and on!

The sound of a B52 taking off at 3AM when you are sound asleep.

Taylor Swift

We find the defendant 'Guilty',

The crows in Sydney Australia at 5am on a weekend! ????

I doubt that they were crows. How about magpies, cockies or laughing kookaburras?

Whatever this is...

Either way, annoying AF.

And this is just one....imagine 20 of them going at it in a tree outside your bedroom window ????@ArashL

@Hazydays ROFL LMAO You obviously do not have small children! Yes I have not often had your nemesis in earshot only hearing them when out in the country. Another of the distinctive sounds of Australia. You obviously were not visiting during cicada season when you probably have 100000 within earshot and all screaming at you.

So the question is "Is your intolerance of the loud birdcalls born of their interference in some activity like recording a clean interview with a VIP or simply that they woke you with a brain affected by the previous night's alcohol/ drugs/ orgy resulting in too little sleep?" 😀

I can assure you that the most frightening sound when asleep is the sound of a funnel web spider or red belly black snake (see photo on my page) moving across tin foil left by the side of the bed. Personally I find the noise of domesticated roosters crowing at first light far more annoying and unnecessary, honking car or train horns and barking dogs following not far behind.

But of course we all have our own trigger points resulting from prior conditioning. Your comment has resulted in a delightful little presentation of Australian bird calls that I will draw to the attention of the bird lovers group.

No, just annoying sound for me. Sounds like cats in heat.@FrayedBear

@Hazydays lol Now you display your greater experience. My old girl (21 yo last November) was neutered whilst a kitten. But isnt the sound of other species procreating exciting if you intellectualise it? It's life! A Polish acquaintance commented on the difference between Victorian Australia behaviour and that he nightly heard in Central Europe particularly during summer when windows were open. His comment "In Europe the night air rang with the cries of passion of men and women enjoying their coitus. Here in Australia the most that you hear is "haven't you finished yet or Bruce, the ceiling needs painting!"
😀

For those who are interested in hearing more Australian birdlife have a look on "FEATHERED FRIENDS" under #AustralianBirdSong

The sound of my little Alekzander struggling to breathe when he had a cold while he was a brand new little infant.

The sound of a IED going off that killed three of my closest friends.

BillF Level 7 Mar 6, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.