Agnostic.com

4 0

Hey ladies, what is your opinion on child support? Should you take your ex for everything he’s got? Is 20% too high? Too low? What about the situation where a divorced guy has to contribute to his ex’s remarried, dual income household? What about when the child support that is taken from a $50k single income household to be paid to a dual income $120k household?

I’m not suggesting that child support shouldn’t be paid, I am just asking if you think it is just. Should a divorce be a lottery win for one party, and a financial disaster for the other?

NothinnXpreVails 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It cost me more than 20% of my income to support my child and my ex couldn't be bothered to kick in $60 a week because "he had a family of his own" to support.

Yeah that’s pretty bad.

I don't think it is just. Each parent should pay what they can, within reason, so that the child(ren) receive support from both. Neither parent should have to pay so much that it is a financial disaster.

Of course, this requires maturity and putting their children first....unfortunately, I think some people use their children as pawns against the other party.

marga Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Are there statistics backing up your lottery assertion? I put my whole life on hold for my ex only so he could squander his degree and refuse to keep a decent job. Currently flipping burgers and renting a room by the week. I've never filed a single document against him. The baby-lottery comments on this site don't reflect statistical data or the lives of anyone I know.

The financial figures in the post are reflective of a dude I know.

Also, I’m just asking for opinions on child support

#Child Support, Sorry, Sir, it is the family court judge who determines how much child support needs to be paid. No matter what we say here, it is a moot point. Now,, if you had asked about spousal support ( alimoney) I would have been glad to offer my opinion, but child support? Ask the judge.

But the opinion on child support is what I’m after. Do females think it is just? I’m not on either side, does not affect me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.