Agnostic.com

10 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep. This video helped enlighten me after 30 years of being a christian and a die hard christian too.

I'm a Seth fan. Been listening to his podcast for years.

Difficult for any adult not to sound idiotic when quoting ancient bronze age mythology written by xenophobic, hill-dwelling goat herders, and using it for an excuse to be ignorant, intolerant, and/or hateful.

So there's that obvious truth.

brilliant - thanks for sharing

Yep, I used to talk like an idiot (I still do but, not as bad as I was), it's embarrassing when I look back.
Great talk and he has a very good collection of memes there. 🙂

I just listened to this the other day. It is really good.

One of my favorites. Thanks.

I really like this;consise,true, and
to the point. Joseph Cambell believed that
society benefited ,slightly,from myths or fables . The track of religious statements leaves others often baffled, less informed , and over-
welmed. As I read or hear a statement today
I feel pity like watching an info commercial-
that some gullable people will swallow the
pitch blindly ,instead of seeing it as altered
reality.

Love it.

Seth Andrews gave this speech June 3, 2017 in Toronto at the Imagine 7 conference. It's a humorous (and perhaps therapeutic) romp through Seth's religious past...and the often bizarre words and attitudes that reflected his Christian faith.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:337672
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.