Agnostic.com

4 9

White Nationalists Storm Washington Bookstore Reading: ‘This Land Is Our Land’

A small group of white nationalists stormed a book store in Washington D.C. to protest an event for a book on racial politics and how it’s impacting lower- and middle-class white Americans.

Jonathan Metzl was speaking about his book, "Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment is Killing America's Heartland."

Metzl told NBC Washington that he was speaking to a man who had helped Metzl’s father and grandfather flee Nazi Austria before the protest broke out.

“Not five minutes before, I had acknowledged him and said this is how great America can be when it is bold and generous,” Metzl recalled.

"It was very symbolic for me,” Metzl said. “In case anybody’s wondering what’s happening right now, they’re illustrating my point."

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

White supremacy is all about an ethnic minority with too much money.

Just saw Metzyl live on MSNBC with Joy Read. It's the Rethuglicans okaying white supremacy and Trumpism ruining this country.

These people need to know that the lower and middle class more than white people in it. All people are created equal according to a historical document of this country.

The concept of "race" is something that needs to be killed off. Ethnicity? Fine, whatever. But the only "race" is the human race.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:338452
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.