Agnostic.com

6 8

Two recent experiences reminds me of what we always know but easily forget. A doctor acquaintance going to work , age 53, hits black ice and is killed instantly in a 20 car 2 semi pile up. And today a hospital administrator, one of the best bosses I ever had, died of cancer age 52. I know he wishes he had fished more.

btroje 9 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

😟 I'm sorry for you loss.

thanks. THe administrator was most troubling. He was a very good man and cared for the employees like he did the patients. THe other person I was not as close to but the way he went was really a wake up call for some reason

I lost a nephew at 19. That was hard. Then a newborn niece. The dad could not let go of the girl after she passed. He could not understand how god could let this happen. But it did nothing to dampen his faith, sadly. I had to coax him into handing the body to me so the hospital could prep the body and do what they do. It was hard. I couldn't imagine his pain.

very sad

It is sad to lose people when they are young. I lost a grandson at 19 and a daughter at 46. It shocked me to the core. My body walked around for 18 months, but I wasn't in it. I am content they are not experiencing the pain they were on Earth.

My mom died at 45 of ovarian cancer. I have considered anything past 45 to be an unexpected gift. My double cousin died at 59 of glioblastoma. She was 5 years older than I was. (double cousin: her mom and my mom were sisters, her dad and my dad were brothers) Another two first cousins have passed before age 60.

And then I work in Short Term disability claims. One of my claimants is out not working due to grief. Her life partner was a pedestrian hit by a car, he was in his early 30s, lingered for 6 weeks in the ICU.

If you knew today would be your last day, what would you do differently? How do you know today won't be your last day? Live every day like your last.

We lost my FIL to glioblastoma in '16. He lasted 13 months after Dx. It was awful.
I loved him dearly and regret not spending more time with him when my MIL was out of town, because I always thought my house was "too messy".
Looking back at photos shake my head as compared to now, after not having really straightened since dh was ill & died, it looked like June Cleaver-city.

There is much pain and heartache. With the way the world is now, so polluted, angry people, animals going extinct, it is such a sad picture. If we continue to strip the earth of all the natural resources, polluting the atmosphere and the water, our elixir of life for many species, I have no faith we will need some angry gods to punish us. We are daily destroying our planet, our wondrous home, and few seem concerned.I watched a documentary on a town in Sweden at the bottom of a huge glacier. It provides great grass for the animals to feed and great soil to grow vegetables. The scientists have been studying the town for a while. They find the glacier is disappearing at a rate of 7% per year. The cause is fossil fuels. It breaks my heart to see our earth destroyed. i hope everyday more attention is put on climate change. Otherwise, we need no mean gods, we are doing great ourselves..There is no garden of Eden.I am sorry for your losses.

this moment - this breath is all we have. let's taste the fullness of it.

😟, yes... Let's do try to LIVE more this day...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33874
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.