Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Leonard Cohen: A Crack in Everything, the Jewish Museum, 1109 Fifth Avenue, New York City, through September 8, 2019

This contemporary art exhibition sounds really interesting for anyone who loves Leonard like I do and lives close enough to go. Sad that I'm so far away!

whispers 7 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Me too. Hopefully it will be a traveling exhibition.

'There is a crack in every thing
That's how the light gets in'.

I think he got that from Rumi or some other poet. He had the wit to realise how valuable that perception was. I thought he meant we see something important through a flaw in its make-up. Now I'm not sure. It might mean there is a very tiny conduit in the nature of every thing that if realised and used, opens a world of understanding. Here's a related idea from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell:

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

42 years ago, the first love of my life introduced me to Leonard's Songs of Leonard Cohen, which her older brother had given her; so began my life-long love affair with Leonard Cohen.

@whispers Perhaps the only regret I have in life is that I never got to see Leonard in person. The last time he played Chicago I didn't get in on the first round of tickets, and couldn't afford the $1200 they were being scalped for. C'est la vie. Though I never saw him, I do own all of his albums, which cost me far less than $1200.
I also saw you commented on a post of a Loudon Wainwright III song. I may have mentioned it before, but it entertains me that Loudon and Leonard are the grandfathers of Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen. It's a small world.

@whispers Indeed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339207
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.