Agnostic.com

12 1

I am still a huge Kathy Griffin fan. She is godless and has been a huge supporter for gays and veterans. Not to mention she is hilarious. Any other supporters out there or is she over? I'd like to hear some thoughts.

Scarecrow 5 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a fan. I supported her and still do. Comedy... Got to have it.

I always liked her. No regrets, Kathy. “Nolite te bastardes carborundorum”

OK, so, touring Europe and short haircut - that's a good reframe! She's not the type to curl up and blow away. I hope she'll be back in America's good graces after a period in the wilderness (not that Europe exactly qualifies, but you know what I mean). Good for her!

I have no idea what she did, but I do know who she is. I have no clue what Anderson Cooper did to get either. I know so very little about her. Soo what Did she do to piss off so many people? What was it that"backfired" on her?

Sadoi Level 7 Mar 9, 2018

This is what started it all.

@Scarecrow hahahaha!! It started There?? Okay, I think I love her Already! At least more than I did Before you posted this shot! Lmao

@Sadoi She did that photo shoot and then the conservatives lost their cotton-picking minds. She got fired from New Year's Eve on CNN, one of her besties Anderson Cooper disowned her. She had tons of tour dates cancelled in the US. Personally, I thought it was a riot. I mean, what is the function of a comedian if not to comment on and challenge culture? Anyway, when all is said and done, she is really very funny. She got tons of stuff on Youtube.

@Scarecrow had someone in the 70s done this, era of richard prior, andy kaufmann, gilda radner, billy crystal, eddie murphy, etc... i think this would easily have passed. I think it is lame that so much came of something so... little, if you ask me.

You are correct. It is a social commentary. This Is Our Stupid Ass Society. That Is Our Stupid Ass Leader. I mean, i don't know about you, but some days... i invision such things. lol! Im not gonna lie. I loathe that man and all that he stands for... if HE EVEN KNOWS what it IS he, himself, Actually Stands for.

I understand the humour. People are so touchy some times.

@Sadoi I definitely share your loathing of the orange one.

@Scarecrow I mean, I'm not saying I'm down with decapitation..buuut in all reality, he's already been managing By Not Using His Brain, so how would a "decapitated" presidency be Any different, my friend?

I implore you to find fault in that particular thread of logic.

@Sadoi People just didn't take it for what it was. Satire. At least at the moment, we still live in a free country. It was a commentary on social terrorism. And as far as I'm concerned, Trump is no better than any other terrorist.

I think she's hilarious. I think she was misjudged horribly. Hopefully, she'll recover.

SamL Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

I can't stand her.Her stupid stunt back fired and she got what she deserved.

She is a comedian and it was satire. He is a misogynistic pig with the intellectual sophistication of a 6th grade bully and his actions have real life consequences on all our lives now. I can only hope he gets what he deserves for his stunts.

I still like her. She went over the edge and she owns it. I also think Anderson Cooper did a horrible thing by abandoning her.

Yeah, that was pretty cruddy. They were like besties.

I like her a lot. I imagine her live shows still do very well. She has a very loyal following.

She's mostly been touring Europe very successfully. She's now planning some North American dates. For those who haven't seen her in a while, she cut off all her hair!

@CollinChapman Good. I can relate to the hair thing.

I think she's great. I don't think she's anywhere close to being over.
I also think the whole severed head gag was hilarious.

I agree.

I have always liked her, although there is definitely a taste level issue! I imagine with a carefully crafted PR campaign she could come back, probably would involve a lot of very visible philanthropic work or something like that, and she might wind up in a different place. Also maybe some therapy for that need for attention.

I like her

I lost track after Regis threw her over.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34052
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.