Agnostic.com

7 1

Pride

"I, I've been trying to fix my pride but that shit's broken. That shit's broken."- Jon Bellion lyrics in "All Time Low".

While I don't feel at an all time low, these lyrics resonate with me. Honestly not sure if I want to date or ever will.

At what point and how did you "get back on the horse"? It's been almost 4 years.

Thanks!

Archer 7 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't been in a serious relationship in about 20 years. There have been a few times along the way I was willing to give it another go, but for one reason or another it never happened. And now I'm to a point where I don't really care one way or another. There's a good chance I won't get involved with anyone romantically again, and I'm fine with that.

Someone came into my life that blew my mind! And now i am alone again and broken till another comes along if she comes into my life?!!

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are taking time to heal up. Good luck!

Do it today ...life is short.

pride in your accomplishments , just think of them

U.S. society places so much of a woman's value on youth and looks. Being a great mom, compassionate, educated, community involved, self sufficient woman doesn't carry much weight.

You don't have too

You're way too young to think you'll never date or love again! That said though, it won't -and shouldn't- happen until the anger and sorrow passes completely. I've seen scores of people go through this, and the main roadblock in moving on for most of them was that they insisted on hanging on to the victimhood aspect or the mental rumination of 'they done me wrong' kept them stuck in the mud. They liked being mad.

Others like a certain ex of mine had to stair-step right over to another partner because of her inability to function without financial or emotional help. It was a disaster, but not my circus...not my monkeys at that point.

I'm ready after 1.5yrs. Perhaps at 64 it may have a touch more immediacy. Perhaps because it was such a dead issue when it ended that there wasn't that much to process for me. Good luck in any event!

they insisted on hanging on to the victimhood aspect or the mental rumination of 'they done me wrong' kept them stuck in the mud.
Hmmm must be some truth in that or it wouldn't have stung a little. Martyr? Me? LOL
I have a 12 year old son, makes it more complicated and risky.
I'm self sufficient and great at living alone. Would be fun to have someone to share some things with and travel.
Thanks for your insight. Good luck to you!

@Archer That's some pretty cool honesty by you to talk about that 'sting'. Real cool, and hopefully its a step forward. Monsters hide in the dark, and its always fun to flip a switch on the bastards. Begone, Yo!

I think we all want quality time with someone other than 'friends'. I've been re-arranging my physical existence divorcing, buying, selling and moving to get things how I want them for the long haul. I just bought the new 'horse' that I'll use to ride the highways of the US for a couple years starting summer/fall so there is only one step left.

Sure would enjoy a love interest riding shotgun, but that's not realistic as I've been so busy, I've only had one date in almost 2yrs. One thing is for certain: it will either happen...or it won't, and it all revolves around how much energy I put towards the search. I know I'm ready for it.

@Highway-Starr Congrats on your new horse. Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders and some interesting plans that are coming to fruition! Who knows maybe you'll run into a shotgun rider at the grocery store!
I'll keep on doing my thing and flipping switches til nothing moves. LOL.
Thanks!

This some advice that my dad gave me long ago. Love is like a lottery ticket you are going to buy a lot of losers but eventually you will be in the right place at the right time and a winner will show up.

Remember that everyone has different quarks and if you can tolerate the idiosyncrises in someone you will have located a rare person.

Oh no! You mean I have to date 40 million men to have a chance at winning the lottery? Do I still have time to make up the shortfall?

@GoldenDoll if you could date about 10 a day for the for 365 days that would not even put a dent in the number. Well do not find one and try and change them people are hard to change although with lots of treats they can be coaxd.

You can't win if you don't buy a ticket but the odds are bad. LOL!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34072
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.