Agnostic.com

9 7

LINK Facebook bans Alex Jones, Milo Yiannopoulos, Louis Farrakhan over hate speech

Before anyone goes on the usual "censorship" & "1st Amendment" apology tour, those arguments don't mean anything in the world of privately owned domains.

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Facebook censorship only drives more suckers to the banned bad boy sites ...keep them on Facebook for us to piss on them shame them ridicule them

Not at all upset about this. FB has every right to do it. If I want to read/listen to what these folks have to say, there are plenty of ways to do so.

I banned fakebook from my life years ago, so booger on them.

Nothing like censorship to tell the world how open-minded, progressive, and right you are...

Good! There is no room for hate speech. The First Amendment guarantees the government will not arrest you for speech. It does not guarantee there will be no consequences. If you tell your boss to go fuck himself, you will most likely be fired. You will however, not be arrested for telling your boss to go fuck himself.

And yet it is governments that have pressured FB to introduce censorship!!!

About damn time..btw CBS evening news said Farrakhann was the the founder of Nation of Islam, when in fact it was Wallace Fard Muhammad that was the founder in the 1930's.

The sad thing about this was that all this was born from Democrats using this Russia gate lie and cover up to screw every Democrat out of a chance of being the Potus, by anointing Hillary the presidency, but it ironically Hillery's DNCC primary scam didn't work lol.

They rolled this Russia gate bullshit into a way to attack our freedoms of speech on the net. The establishment, ere "The United Corporations of America" are using this Russia gate Democrat back lie to push places like Facebook into shutting down pages and sites on the net that fight against their attempts of controlling people's attempts at getting there own truth whatever that may be.

The first thing they do is get rid of the pages like Alex Jones that spew more lies than truth then move on to the ones that are telling truth's the Establishment in our government don't want people knowing.

This is all about the fact that they can't control the narrative in the social media internet age like they used to with people only watching cable, which is now owned by six media corporate giants.

Wait, what?
Russia DID use social media to help Trump into the White House. It's documented. With or without the Trump campaign's collaboration. (Winking and looking the other way evidently doesn't count as collaborating.) And they're gearing up for a much bigger push next year to keep him there.

@Paul4747 The Facebook CEO congress had to testify said that Russia only spent $4700 dollars on adds. Yes, only $4700 Dollars. Have you seen the adds? They are so obscure that they don't even seem like they have anything to do with the election.

Have you seen how many countries governments the US has regime changed with coups and war? We are currently trying to overthrow Venezuela's government, by forcing the world to see a democratically elected leader in Madura out and placing Guido in by saying we don't recognize Maduro as their leader. Now how is spending $4700 worse then what we're doing with attempting to oust Maduro, and put a more Capitalist friendly leader in place so corporations can steel Venezuela's oil and other resources?

@Vintenar You're being deliberately obtuse. Spending money on advertising that's traceable to Russian sources was never the core of their campaign.
Fake profiles posting pro-Trump and anti-Hilary opinions, bots reposting Twitter messages to play up negative tweets and post fake news, paying trolls to post attacks; there is an entire division of the former KGB devoted to this. And it's proven.
And you seem to have forgotten the Russian hack of the DNC, which leaked thousands of emails to Wikileaks to release just before the election, to Trump's applause. ("Russia, if you're listening..." )

Now, tell me in return "what we're doing" in Venezuela, other than preparing for possible deployments to support the legitimate government (recognized by 54 nations) who themselves threw Maduro out of office?

@Paul4747 Yes and all those emails are things that should have never been hidden from the American people, and the DNC shouldn't have been doing the things in the emails that got leaked. The Russiagate thing is just a way to allow the DNCC to avoid the fact that they rigged the election against other Democrats in favor of Hillery and you don't think it is odd that as soon as she lost to Trump, she was on TV tell everyone that Russia hacked our elections. The whole Russia gate thing is a deflection of the things the DNCC did wrong, and they used it to avoid public and government scrutiny. It doesn't matter who leaked them.

I don't believe people are easily swayed by others via post from bots or whatever, I know I'm not. I gather my intel from various news sources that I watch.

Flip the script if 54 countries said Trump wasn't the legitimate leader of the USA then got together, backed some dude no one ever heard of before, then how would most Americans feel who elected him. Most all the mainstream media news is telling you wrong on Venezuela, and all the reporters that tell the lies have never even been to the country to report on it.

This link shows Trumps guy John Bolten clearly stating the agenda of the United States and their mission to oust Maduro for the oil and resources so that the corporations wouldn't be caught off guard with regards to them being ready to grab them resources.

If you actually watch this last video and still don't think the US being nefarious towards Venezuela try to do a coup de ta than you are just not facing the facts about how the USA is a bully towards countries with large oil reserves.

We did this before towards Iraq when they threatened Kuwait's oil. That oil grab backfired when Iraq destroyed the oil systems in Kuwait as retaliation. I think this is the very reason that we haven't invaded Venezuela already. The US doesn't want the current oil infrastructure destroyed.

@Vintenar Well, he isn't the legitimately elected leader, from one point of view. He didn't win the popular vote. Let's say he were impeached but refused to leave office (exactly analogous to what's happening with Maduros).
It's the Venezuelan Assembly who started this, not us. That's the point.

Yeah at least acting against hate groups

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:341071
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.