Agnostic.com

13 2

In your personal opinion, what is the hardest part about being a nonreligious person living in Utah?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Idk i live in nebraska and it ain't so bad of you don't let it bother you! And it is because noone asks me or seems to care!!

I would say avoiding the visiting neighbor church that came by way to often (minimum of once a week). I lived in Orem and West Valley for a couple of years and was left alone for the most part. When the church leaders came through to visit my ex-wife and her family (heavy in the Mormon church), I just ducked out the back.

I really enjoyed my time in SLC. But that was the Easter weekend of the American Atheist conference. Perhaps not the typical experience.

But seriously, it strikes me as the same problems as living with Southern Baptists in Texas. You've ridiculous liquor laws and things like that. Also a population that hears "atheist" and imagines "satanist" or something dangerous and manelavant. It's all the little things.

... being a religious person living in Utah !

Tomas Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

living in utah?

It's pretty easy forme as I don't live there.

Not living in Utah.

Do you have a problem buying regular underwear in Utah?

Probably everyone trying to convert your ass!

JK666 Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Never lived in Utah, but I was raised Mormon, so I have an inklng of wha tyou are talkign about.

I think the hardest part is that humans are (mostly) social animals who like to be a part of group. In Utah, it is hard to find any groups in which youwould feel welcome if you are not at least a Christian, but even then if you are not Mormon, you will not be treated as well, unless they think they can convet you.

Look for atheist groups on meetup.com in your area to find other atheists. Or, this site seems to habe grown to a poitn to where now you can look to find people to make friends with who live (reasonably) near you

Ostracism

Ostracism

doing laundry.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.