Agnostic.com

11 4

Please remember that by definition half of the population has an IQ at or below 100 and they are allowed to vote.

Mark9393 6 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've run across many on the internet in positions that would indicate they have a higher IQ than myself. At least I would certainly hope so! Yet are obviously stuck in the illusion of the 2 party establishments illusion of managed perception. I don't give a rats ass how high your IQ is. If you're one that doesn't see the agenda going on around the world being played out and refuse to break free of it, your god dam IQ isn't helping society where it's need most. IQ isn't even close to what our voting should be based on. I really take this as an insult.

Gotta love that "bell curve"

Candy Level 4 Mar 9, 2018

IQ test probably isnt the best measure of intelligence, however your point is correct, many people vote who I would not let choose a fl;avour of ice cream. One of the many reasons democracy is far from perfect.

let's be honest . america has no choices as the entire congress is populated by pschopaths. your whole system from electing judges to underpaid teachers is f---ed

Of course one cannot disenfranchise ANY subset of the population. Even stupid people need to be represented by their government. ( Just as poor people – black people and women do ). Unfortunately, unscrupulous politicians (and clerics) have always been able to separate fools from their vote (and their money).

High IQ, does not meant common sense. So what is your point? And why it took hundreds of years in america to grant females a vote?

"High IQ, does not meant [Sic, "mean"] common sense." What an I.Q. does is indicate whether or not a person is likely to understand things better than those with a lower I.Q. Aside from that, the statement that "High IQ, does not meant common sense." is a platitude that it is not based on anything beyond anecdotal evidence and is frequently heard in bars.

@dahermit funny... you had no answer about females not having the privilege to vote... that figures! And now you put down bars? I think old man you are off your medication. I mean MEDICATIONS.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Thank you for your contribution.

I am very aware of that. Most of those with lower IQs vote republican in the U.S. It is a depressing fact.

there is data on that?

I, too, am interested in whether or not this has actually been studied.

[psychologytoday.com] The above atricle is just oen of many results I got when checking.

@NicThePoet, I would wager that everyone on this thread is specifically referring to republicans and those "dumb, uneducated, gun-toting Southerners and redneck, hayseed mouth-breathers" as the people they feel should not have the right to vote while probably coming in at or around the 100 IQ mark themselves.

Very scarey

Mark is rigth on. Half of the population does have an IQ at or below 100. (Remember the Bell curve?) But only 1/2 the population votes. The question is the IQ of the 1/2 of the 1/2 that votes. Given the % of the religious right that votes (+/- 30%) I'd say that the 30% is in the 80s!

Kinda like 95 percent of the population is completely undateable, and of the small percentage that is left, 50 percent are the wrong sex, and 50 percent of that number will just not be that into you. 😉

IQ tests: because it takes two numbers to measure you butt but only one to measure how smart you are. Got to love pseudoscience

there is e q as well

Sad but true

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.