Agnostic.com

9 13

The unique torture of waiting for a delivery truck.

Waiting for Delivery Blues (cue harmonica)

“Can you drag that big cooler
Up the stairs?”
With a broken toe
I do not dare.

New refrigerator's coming
But nobody cares
To say when the truck arrives.
Trying not to swear.

If I wait all day
For the delivery truck.
Frozen food melting?
Guess I’m out of luck.

For two long years
Ice and water poured down.
Ruining my food
“Mister Fix-It” is a clown.

He tried four times
Borrowing my tool
To fix the freezer.
Didn’t work. He’s a fool.

Now I’m getting OCD
Cleaned refrigerator top.
What’s wrong with me?
I need to stop.

"What's for lunch?" I wonder.
Refrigerator is clear.
If I leave for a second
"Tried to deliver" will appear!

Can you relate to this?

LiterateHiker 9 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My chihuahua is better than having an alarm clock/doorbell/closed caption tv combined, lol.

4:30 p.m. The delivery truck finally arrived.

"It takes 4 to 6 hours for the refrigerator to cool down," the delivery man said. "It was in the hot truck all day."

Mostly delivery companies in the UK give a rough idea when they will turn up. Sometime they actually turn up a day earlier. But I never worry about it.

Sexxxy!

Yes,wait all day for the UPS truck,without fail, as soon as you use the toilet "Ding Dong"........

@Mike1047

My phone rings when I'm on the toilet. Never fails.

@LiterateHiker That doesn't happen now that my phone is in my pocket. Now it only rings when it is on the charger, in the other room. But it doesn't matter, because it is always a robo call.

Without a broken toe... I am relating right about now... prozac in the mail... also a gift for my son. I hear you loud and clear Sister. It is a Blues alright!!!!

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Love your funny reply! Glad you saw the humor.

Hope Prozac arrives before the delivery truck.

@LiterateHiker Get Well Soon... I am sure New Hiking Trails awaits You!!!

Hysterical!
But, no... can't relate. I schedule deliveries with Lowes, or any furniture/appliance store. More commonly, Amazon keeps me updated as to date/time & where my package is on the delivery route. You're living in the Dark (information) ages ma'am. 🙊

I think anyone with a dead appliance can agree with you, sorry about your loss. And I hope the robofoot does not hurt too much, get better soon 😉

Preaching to the choir honey I walk with a cane from injury

bobwjr Level 10 May 13, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:346058
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.