Agnostic.com

8 0

What about dating? Is it for you?

When I first set up my profile I put that I was interested in dating.... I'm not. Im not interested in a relationship. Like minded friends of both (all) genders and hookups....because, let's be honest, living without sex sucks, if you're a sexual person..... my question is, did anyone else include groups or interests (such as dating) just to get more people to talk to you? In my defense lol, I didn't realize that I was selecting an option that really wasn't an option for me.

ToniMc 4 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did not join for dating, I joined because I am interested in the general attitude of the site. Dating and friendship possibilities are a wonderful bonus!

Same here

I like dating and do date occasionally. For me it's about having friends and going places to have fun. The longer I live alone, though, the more I like living alone. I have always cherished my privacy and independence. I don't expect i will ever remarry, and I may even choose not to make any commitments from now on. Not into hook-ups, though. Sex without some kind of emotional investment is the equivalent of just scratching an itch, and I don't need a partner for that.

Deb57 Level 8 May 14, 2019

I fear that I am too old and to scarred from divorce to date..... so I am just doing my best to reinvent my life and find my own happiness. It's rough when your life takes a dramatic unexpected turn. Maybe some day I will be open to sharing with another person.... maybe not though....

I am open to a relationship and I miss having a relationship, but the question is do I really want one? Most people in the world today scare me to death. How can your life be all about making someone else happy? Would that make you happy? What do you do if that other person thinks you are only there to make them happy. It is important to know yourself and make yourself happy because other people cannot do that for you.

I have more of an interest in people than wanting to date or "find love". I clicked No but I am also open minded on this subject. I agree, celibacy would never suit me either!

I am not familiar with this "dating" concept you mentioned, but I did some research. The below website had an educational video on dating if you are interested:

[khanacademy.org]

When I signed up, I was not in a relationship. This site did not work well as a dating site for me, but I do enjoy coming on here for community. Now I am in a relationship, so I changed my profile and I am still here.

Realistically and geographically, dating through this site is likely not an option for me, and when it comes right down to it, I'm not sure dating is for me anyway. I'd rather have some interesting conversations on a variety of topics and discussions about things that matter, than the mindless messages that come through the dating portion.

Agreed! I'm not sure why I clicked on the interested in "dating" .... Tulsa has s pretty large atheist community and although there are plenty of social events, I don't go to them .... there are plenty of like minded people here to talk to but actually meeting them scares me a little because I don't want a relationship..... it feels safe that the only people looking for a relationship are too far away to actually have a relationship with!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:346366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.