Agnostic.com

54 5

QUESTION Would You Opt for Immortality? - Quillette

The idea of living forever, in fact, is not such a radical idea when you consider the fact that the vast majority of people already believe that they will do so in the next life. Since the late 1990s Gallup has consistently found that between 72 and 83 percent of Americans believe in heaven. Globally, rates of belief in heaven in other countries typically lag behind those found in America, but they are nonetheless robust. So powerful and pervasive are such convictions that even a third of agnostics and atheists proclaim belief in an afterlife. Say what? A 2014 survey conducted by the Austin Institute for the Study of Family and Culture on 15,738 Americans between the ages of 18 and 60 found that *[13.2 percent identify as atheist or agnostic, and 32 percent of those answered in the affirmative to the question:] “Do you think there is life, or some sort of conscious existence, after death?”

zblaze 7 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heavens, no! Every year my body requires more work to stay usable. Now, if I could have a teenage body to use forever - that would be a different story.

Im trying my hardest... still going .

Given the option of course.

I'm planning on living forever and so far so good

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34655
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.