Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK It's Not Just Salt, Sugar, Fat: Study Finds Ultra-Processed Foods Drive Weight Gain : The Salt : NPR

You are what you eat. I consume mostly fresh food and very few processed foods. Used to be the other way around a few years ago. Feeling much better these days.

Mark013 7 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Consuming lots of processed foods also opens the door to greater risk of colon cancers and other digestive woes.

Haven't eaten processed food, fast food, fake sugar, or drank soda pop for over 35 years. Never like soda pop: a mouthful of chemicals and sugar.

My father died of colon cancer at age 51. I was 24. Immediately, I stopped eating preserved meats with cancer-causing nitrates and nitrites. Bacon, ham, jerkey, pepperoni, etc. Don't miss it.

The research was clear forty years ago. Tmeat industry suppressed and fought the studies showing eating preserved meats increase your chance of getting cancer by 26%. This includes chicken nuggets.

I would love to see the FDA create a distinction between "edible" and "food." Edible would mean the item is non-toxic and can be digested. Food would mean it actually has natural nutritional benefits that are easily extracted by our digestive system.

I know in the US too many of us are not eating any food.

Good this crap will kill you

bobwjr Level 10 May 16, 2019

Good for you! Processed foods really do affect your energy levels as well...eating well will add years and quality to your life! Glad you are feeling well...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347727
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.