Agnostic.com

10 1

LINK Where Is the Democratic Alternative to Forever War?

Saw Maj. Sjursen on C-SPAN debate continuing to support Israel while ignoring Palestinian rights. He won the debate (he was against it).

:-----:

"There sure are lots to choose from. By now, more than 20 candidates have announced a run for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. And with national security adviser John “Regime Change” Bolton, along with the others in the four Bs cabal—Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, Mohammed bin Salman of Saudi Arabia and Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates—seem poised to pull President Trump into war with Iran, now would seem the time for Democratic leaders to unveil their alternative, antiwar, foreign policy plans. It’s more likely you’ll hear crickets … or a sound bite or two.

The truth is the Democratic Party, especially of late, has abandoned serious foreign policy analysis and ceded national security—and supposedly macho “toughness”—to hawkish Republicans. See, at least since Harry Truman “lost” China in 1949, one Democratic president after another has bent over backward to either prove his masculine mettle, or, better yet, to ignore global affairs altogether."

WilliamCharles 8 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

the business of america is war.

Even Bernie Sanders, much as I would like to see him be prez, won't stand up to the MIC or even take that strong a stance on endless war in the Middle East and EurAsia, like we have now. Maybe because he's old and wise enough to see what it got JFK, but also because he loves the defense contracts that Vermont gets. Either way, It's still frustrating to see how even the most progressive candidates for the Dem side of the prez race have either been coopted or cowed. A big amount of the blame can also be placed on the corporate media that they and we all know are big cheerleaders for war and the MIC, so they know very well how the media will treat them if they did take a strong anti-war or anti-MIC stance.

Hilary is a warmonger. Just like Obama. There is no reason possible from those people. Too much money involved.
The only solution is a world-wide meltdown. Prolly will coincide with about 2 feet ocean rise. And significant pestilence and famine.
We are only in the beginning of the end-times.

the old "manifest destiny". the u.s. has always been pretty good at killing, thiers and ours, for a buck. wars and there manufacture are our bread and butter, lots of money to be won. is america so deeply rancid and festered in its "sins" against humanity, against the planet, that it can heal, or must it die? what does healing look like? if it dies what goes with it? what happens next? are there some of us living now who will live to find out?

Say all you want, conflict is human nature. Period. There are people willing to hurt someone because they support their choice by wearing a red cap. Dwell on that before trying to solve world wide issues.

Unfortunately most democrats in the US are there to make money and achieve as much power as possible for themselves. That does mean that they want wars because wars makes them rich.

This issue, along with trade policy, economic policy, healthcare policy, and, for the most part, environmental policy, in other words everything that really matters to and affects corporate America, the two major parties have more in common than they do differences. Meanwhile the peasants keep getting distracted into thinking the two parties are different due to their differences in messaging and policies on identity politics, cultural wars, religion, abortion, gun rights, etc.... All things that the rich and corporate America could care less about........

Impeachment

bobwjr Level 10 May 17, 2019

I'd certainly love to see it. There's still a host of other things the party I generally vote for does to exasperate me.

Alternatives to endless wars

1. Peace.

2. Mediation and negotiation.

3. Not wasting billions on war.

4. Repair roads and bridges, improve education, health care for all, improved housing for poor people, clean up and protect the planet, address climate change, etc.

I'm in.

Here is his C-SPAN debate.

[c-span.org]

told me the video could not be played.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:348339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.