Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK ‘Great food, but please do something about the noise’ – the battle for quieter restaurants | Food | The Guardian

I have gotten to the age that I have lots of friends with hearing aids, and I'm probably not too far behind them. One of my hearing challenged friends encouraged everyone to put an app called SoundPrint on their phones and use it. Last time I was out to a restaurant I pulled out my phone, opened up the app, and sent a noise level check which will go into a data base, so next time someone wants a quiet restaurant they will have some details as to how noisy that restaurant was. [soundprint.co]

HippieChick58 9 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We rarely go to restaurants because I like to cook at home and please my loved ones with delicious homemade dishes from the best recipes. I try to cook fresh food every day and surprise my family with unusual dishes. I use only fresh and natural products for cooking. We stopped buying groceries in supermarkets long ago. We usually go to the food market or buy at wholesale bases. At costcofdb.com, you can check out all the available products. On the same site, I find interesting recipe ideas that I implement in reality. This is a very convenient service for housewives.

Housewives? That is a dated term. No woman ever marries a house. Most women today are working outside the home, and frequently women aren't doing all the cooking. It might be a convent service for busy families, or domestic engineers, or just people.

I'll have to do this!

Ohub Level 7 May 18, 2019

My hearing challenged friends will thank you!

Sounds like a plan! We like a certain restaurant's food here, but the noise is so bad, we can't go there anymore.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:348834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.