Agnostic.com

6 1

QUESTION Would You Partake?

Equine meat has been eaten since the Stone Age. Would you eat horse meat?

EllenDale 7 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't eat any kind of meat, but if I did: yes. It's no different to cow, pig, sheep, chicken or any other meat.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 15, 2018

@Jnei You're a better man than I, Gunga Din! Lol

It depends on how it was treated when it lived & how it was killed .

Dougy Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

@Douglas I wonder if tame horse tasted different than wild horse, like turkeys. I suppose so.

@EllenDale Free Range would live a happier life , however , all's well that ends well , as well . . .

I have done, when I was young we didn't have much money and horse meat was the cheapest. I never knew the difference when it was in a stew. I didn't grow hoofs (or is that hooves) and I don't canter but I can be a bit of a neigh sayer lol

@ipdg77 Thank you! I knew someone would pun on neigh sooner or later! 🍺 and 🍕 topped with horse meat all around!

In the course of my travels, I have eaten far worse things. LOL

@DharmaBum50 Anything you've ridden, owned, petted, or seen in National Geographic?

@EllenDale I'm sure if I looked far enough back in my Nat Geo collection, I'd find something there....

I have, we were served it for dinner in Switzerland. Would again if it was the only option.

Sounds like replies to my offer of cooking! Lol

Well it was listed as, White Beef on the menu, so must admit had some theories about the name before I started and so probably didn't enjoy it as much as something identifiable 😉 As for your cooking...lols

Having lived both in France and Italy for many years ... hudreds of times . Its better than besf in my opinion , I was told however that it raises blood pressure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.