Agnostic.com

3 2

Do cats feel love? I have read some articles that say that cats don't feel love: that what we see as love is just survival instinct in them, and nothing more. I can see the point, but at the same time I can't help but remember something that happened between my cat and me many years ago. My cat was lying on top of me. That day, I had just read that a cat's average lifetime is 10 years, and my cat was 10 years old.The thought that I might soon lose such a good friend upset me greatly. My cat reached her paw up and touched me on the cheel. This calmed me down instantly. It was as if she was saying "It will be all right." She lived another 10 years. Was this just some random act on her part, or was there something deeper in it?

Robotbuilder 7 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They do feel love, they just don't give a s#it about love or anything else, but they feel it.

If it's a survival thing, it does not explain how infatuated Bailey is with my son. I am the one that keeps the cat alive and comfortable. My boy contributes ZERO to car care.

Zster Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

Coincidence, imo. But a sweet coincidence nonetheless 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34968
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.