Agnostic.com

4 7

Just frustrated

MsAl 8 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the words of Spike Milligan when asked "to address a few words" to the Boy Scout association in 1986

Copulation = population
Population = pollution
Answer "Birth control"

I'm a very big proponent of birth control but I really don't think it is enough to save our society. Definitely a necessary for it to be a very strong component moving forward on top of other efforts.

Sorry. This looks like a typical, half-baked, facebook meme
"We face extinction". One needs to justify that broad statement first!
Only then may one legitimately comment further.

Sorry, But I agree with it. The science and the information are out there. It isn't a secret. Just because it came from Facebook doesn't mean it isn't relevant.

@MsAl Society as we know it may face extinction, but our species?

@Petter It may be slightly exaggerated but Its not out of the question. Plus it doesn't say human extinction. Ive heard it said by people who study these things that we are in the middle of a mass extinction event like no other.

@MsAl A major mass extinction of other species indeed.
A deadly world war which culls half the total human population, may yet be viewed as mankind's salvation by future historians. 😟😟

@avron Not to mention the insects. Very worrisome.

@Petter There is a case for saying we are already in the midst of a mass extinction event, our technology is warding off from our species total extinction, however it is a sad but unpleasant truth that resources and environmental impact will eventually demand of the human race a terrifyingly large reduction in numbers, either over time voluntarily or by natural catastrophe.

@LenHazell53 China tried it "voluntarily" by legislating one one child per family.
The only two effective "cures" I can come up with are either war/disease to drastically cull numbers, or expansion onto the moon and Mars. Possibly the lot!

Only to those who drink the Kool-Aid, but there are many of them...

Perfectly normal reaction to madness!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:349768
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.