Agnostic.com

6 1

LINK Hate crimes increased 226% in places Trump held a campaign rally in 2016, study claims

That means hate crimes more than tripled in places Trump visited.

snytiger6 9 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A limited study like this screams bias in the basic way it is construceted - no control group or comparison with where hilary held a rally - no stats from prior to rallies -
Sounds like bad science in the way the study was done - may well be that the fundamental statement is correct - but equally possible the same happened where hilary visited, or where neither visited - or that hate crime generally increased by more..... or less
would like to read the PhD and tear away at the edges of the holes - anyone I was supervising (long ago, different subject) would have been directed to look wider to make the stats and conclusions bullet proof

Here is the article it was taken from [washingtonpost.com]

@snytiger6 Major problem I have with the study is the preconception basis of research - we think this happened, so we will look for supporting evidence - that is fundamentally bad science. I agree that the conclusions may be wholly, or at least partially true, but would be more inclined to believe an intellectually unbiased researcher

@ShadowAmicus Hate crime statistics are recorded. They don't change if you don't look at them. It is just a comparison on hate crimes reported before an after Trump. Expectations doesn't change the number of hate crimes recorded..

@snytiger6 as someone said there are lies damn lies and statistics. All i am saying is that to demonstrate irrefutably that trump caused the increase they need to provide a wider data source and greater depth in analysis

No shit that's what he is hate

bobwjr Level 10 May 21, 2019

No surprise given the level of intelligence of the people he appeals to.

I do think he has basically opened the doors for already inclined bigoted criminals to carry out their crimes by either making innuendos, jokes, or being complicit in his silence against such crimes...

I have been following the Southern Poverty stats for years and have seen a rise in the number of such crimes...but, in fairness, I think he just lifted the lid off the kettle that was already boiling from years of pent up frustrations...

What a BS study! Zero statistics, no correlation, just a conclusion. Very scientific!

zesty Level 7 May 21, 2019

Places Trump has held a rally means the earth. There is no question he has incited hate all over the world with his BS.

@Healthydoc70 Just the usual nagging of lazy, useless people.

Here is the article it was taken from [washingtonpost.com]

@snytiger6 Exactly, 100% pure BS!

That's very sad for this country. Hopefully that might not get him elected an 2nd term. Providing he is not impeached first.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350258
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.