Agnostic.com

3 4

QUESTION Large island of waste in the Caribbean

The stats in the clip are for the UK only. The following is the US from 8 yrs ago.
"Out of the 50 billion bottles of water being bought each year, 80% end up in a landfill, even though recycling programs exist. 17 million barrels of oil are used in producing bottled water each year. Bottled water costs 1,000 times more than tap water. Drinking 2 Litres of tap water a day only costs 50 cents per year.Oct 15, 2009"

Please help our planet by cutting back or eliminating the use of single use plastics. Thanks!

BeeHappy 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It used to be called Puerto Rico.

You make a good point. I hadn't thought about that. Very well could be the results of the hurricane.

Sadly the product of bankrupt minds creating minimal employment, maximum resource wastage and huge expense for future generations yet again proving that Professor Cippola was correct:
[qz.com]

I've been both shocked and disgusted by some of the films and pictures I've been seeing lately showing this

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35132
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.