Agnostic.com
You must be a member to visit this group

5 4

3 days without power.
44F inside.

Thank goodness for good neigbors who had me in until I got my downed lines problem solved. (They went 2 days without). But had a generator.

Slept with a cat on my head last night. Also with a sleeping bag. And two comforters.... brr.....
These Cyclone storms are crazy! Downed trees, downed limbs and downed poles.

Had local CT crew and one from Kansas today! So glad our neighbors come and help out with these blackouts!

Just wanted to make you all share in the bliss of restored power. And appreciate it when you have it!

Longjohns anyone?? 😉

RavenCT 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm glad you got through it. Hopefully, the rest of your winter is mild and short. 🙂

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

I'd hope too - even the guys from Kansas know we're getting a two day storm Monday and Tuesday. You can bet I'll turn up the heat before it hits!

I think the Channel 3 weatherperson actually said "Holy Shit! Holy Shit! Northeast Connecticut is gonna get slammed". No one will corroborate this however.....

Brings a special meaning to 3 dog night. glad your power is back

Me too! I was over at the neighbors' with one of the dogs on my lap. Wonderfully warm! 😉

Yeah..I was truly surprised I didn't lose power here in Boston..and thankful it was mostly rain..I know life without power can suck..3 days can feel like a month..happy you have it back..

Me too! And Cable and Internet and phone..... Those fellas that came out to do the work. Well I may write them a sonnet!

Yeah, losing power in places that have real winters sucks. Like the cat as heating pad. Good idea!

I had one under the covers and one that took up residence on my head for a while. Cats are smart. Except they don't know why I decided to test our freezing ability.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.