Agnostic.com

8 3

Wow! Check out this youtube video

. Liberty University is a private Christian Univeristy in Lynchberg, VA. This is the University President giving a speech that advocates more gun violence and targeting Muslims. Unbelievable! Since when did the religion of Jesus become the religion of hatred, violence and guns? I saw a bumper sticker today that said "Jesus will come soon". We'll I'll tell ya', if he does he's going to be pissed about what 'Christians' have done to his message.

I guess it's up to us secular people to spread the values of inclusion, diversity and compassion for all. How ironic is that?

AwarenessNow 8 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say he's thinking with his little brain but I wouldn't want to insult his dick!

When has the Christian church not been about violence and an us against them mentality?

Depends on the denomination and the individual church in that denomination. It seems to depend greatly on the person at the pulpit and the type of people that person attracts with his rantings... er... sermons.

Playing to his audience, he has political aspirations and knows this plays well. I mean he cannot even keep a straight face while delivering this drivel. It is very dangerous but also very informative. He has made his position known and its always very good to know the enemy.

He and his institution isnt alone in divisive comments. Bob jones and oral roberts universities, just to point a few out, have for years been issuing outlandish edicts and dogma. It is very encouraging that their numbers have decreased and time is passing them by. Lets hope that they don't caused too much damage.

Please tell me you don't have a town called Lynchberg.

@MattChanning All of Utah would be the CAPITAL/HOMELAND of religious extremism. Salt Lake city and Provo are examples. The whole U.S. and state legislatures are MORMON.

Check out Utah.

@MattChanning I wasnt suggesting a vacation or site seeing tour. I was referring to religious extremism.

@MattChanning Then your reply to my comment was to show off your extensive use of the langauge?

@MattChanning If thats the best you can do lol, I would suggest that you stop your "attempts" at humor. Your initial comment was a complete fail just like your attempts to explain it. I am beginning to get the feeling that I am going to have to apologize to you, I don't like to children cry and thats all I see from you. So I apologize, child.

@MattChanning Now thats FUNNY!!

It is hard to believe that this is promoted in main stream society, but on the other hand, that has been the distortions coming out of, Liberty University for as long as I can remember!

@MattChanning because, I continue to disbelieve that we are a warring society. Guns, are killing people at an unprecedented number and the pious people, who pray to their 'revengeful God'...are supporting gun worship! There is nothing 'peace loving' and 'turn the other cheek,' in the promotion of guns! Maybe, I could have stayed in religion, had not most of the people that I had contact with... hide a very 'dark' heart. Evil from deliberate ignorance!

@MattChanning i am the kind of person who says, 'the glass is 'half full'...it took me a long time to believe that every person, wasn't working to level out, 'his/her dark side!' I will always look for the 'goodness'...because I have seen enough people in my lifetime, that showed me even the worst person, had some goodness in them. Some people simply don't think like me! But, I am still, shocked when a man/woman/child, stands up in front of a stadium of people and 'talks trash' that can kill!! I know full well, it is possible, but how can they, do it?

@MattChanning go figure...

@MattChanning my 'half full/half empty'...was only a metaphor for how I experience my reality, especially, at this time when I am moving and have a lot of emotional upheaval, with pairing down of a lifetime of collected stuff! My brain is not digging very deep at the moment! I do think that I may be different to you in one respect in that...when I see people in my mind...I usually see them as individuals, I rarely think of them in large bundles.

@MattChanning ...why are you so defensive about 'nothing?' Your post indicates a person looking for a 'fight'...not another's point of view on some matter! Good luck with that...

It always was violent and hate filled. To pretend otherwise is cherry picking. It rather works as well.

@AwarenessNow Muslims? They have become so accomplished practicing on pagans wherever they have found them, then most of all each other!

Look at all the cheering people in the audience. I wonder how many of them are packing? Maybe if we're lucky there will be a shoot out at Liberty. Scary.

Just another illustration of how whatever moral high ground fundementalism may have once occupied has long since been given up in the service of temporal power.

Ever since (at least) the Trumpocalypse -- and doubly so since the Roy Moore affair -- I have nothing but contempt for evangelicals and the lying sacks of shit that lead them. And I say this as a former evangelical.

@MattChanning Agreed, but it's way worse, if that's possible. I mean, there was a time, before the 1980s, when they affected that politics was (1) beneath them and (2) a doomed seeking out of worldly power. Now by contrast they will overlook all sorts of corruption and perfidy and proto-fascism so long as they get a few things ticked off on their wish list. At least before Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and others went down this road, they had some plausible deniability and at least the perception of being separate ("come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord" ) and above it all and other-worldly. Now they are just worldly. They can't claim that the solution to the world's problems are purely spiritual so long as they conflate god, guns and politics and pursue "worldly" influence.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.