Agnostic.com

12 1

I love 42...but what is the question...

James121 7 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What bus number does Nadine drive? (That's me by the way - and the answer is 42).

Not sure if this is true or not, but it sounds good...

Surely you know that the question is 9x6?

Which president received the most publicized blow job in the White House?

At one point, Arthur Dent identifies the essential missing question to life, the universe, and everything as “What do you get if you multiply six by nine?” The answer turns out to be forty-two. At first this seems nonsensical, until one realizes that this is the correct answer in base thirteen. We tend to automatically assume everything is in base ten, but we developed this mathmatical base system ourselves only because we are a carbon-based intelligence with ten fingers and ten toes. (Keep in mind that silicon-based artifical intelligence operates on a binary-based system, not decimal.) This answer serves to remind us that our perception of reality is shaped by the filters and limitations of our human experience and knowledge.
The Universe recognizes no such limitation.

And of course in base 13, 6*9=42, however Adams himself did not delve into that.

What number President was Bill Clinton?

So long and thanks for all the fish.

@FortyTwo I think we’ve got a connection for you!! Lmao

The question posed to the computer was , "What is the meaning of life , and everything ?"

Love that whole story!

I loved every aspect of the hhgttg...the books ...the english series was cool,,,the move was ok....but the
books still rock....lol

About Zaphod having only one head, Adams took pride in the fact that every version of the story contradicted each other. I wasn't thrilled with the movie either, but respected it because he finally got Hollywood to produce his story.

What is the one of my favorite lines in THGTTU.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35177
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.