Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK Pasta strainers and pirates: how the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was born | World news | The Guardian

FTA: There are two contrasting explanations for how Pastafarianism (officially known as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster) came into being. The first is that an invisible monster, comprising a tangle of spaghetti flanked by two meatballs, created the universe after a bout of heavy drinking. For hundreds of years, his followers – pirates, mainly – worshipped in secret. Only recently has it become better known.

The second explanation is that Bobby Henderson, a young physics graduate from Oregon State University, wrote to the Kansas Board of Education in 2005 to protest against a proposal to teach “intelligent design” alongside evolution in secondary schools. The arguments supporting a scientific basis for intelligent design, he wrote, apply just as well to a universe created by a flying spaghetti monster.

Much of our traditions just happen, and either it sticks or it doesn’t. Like spaghetti
Bobby Henderson

“I fully expect, then, that this FSM theory will be admitted into accepted science with a minimum of apparently unnecessary bureaucratic nonsense, including the peer-review process.”

When ignored, he posted his letter on the web, where it became an internet phenomenon.

zblaze 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The first explanation seems more plausible

If you don't worship the giant spaghetti monster,,, you will be boiled in marinara forever and ever!

Untrue, heathen devil!!! Pastafarian heaven has a beer volcano & a stripper factory. Pastafarian hell is exactly the same, except the beer is flat & the strippers have STD's.

I am a Pastafarian! I also like that the FSM used time dilation to speak to a Physicist!

My god is a purple and white polka-dotted, winged elephant, that flies around the rings of Saturn, with a unicorn stuffed up its ass . . . . . that does not mean it is a republican either . . . .

THHA Level 7 May 27, 2019

Just from the beginning one day one: water, flour, eggs, on day two mixed to together; on day three run through a pasta press in to noodles or spaghetti!
Day four boiled; day five served with garlic and tomatoes! Day six eaten! Day seven defecated into a bowls that flushes!
All it took the Flying Spaghetti Monster to devour the universe and beyond!
A layman theory of digestion?

Devout pastafarian pirate here.

cava Level 7 May 27, 2019

RAmem to that!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:352975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.