Agnostic.com

11 4

I love quotes. . . Been getting even more into philosophy and scientific research lately, almost an obsession now, lol. Maybe this service can help me find some folk to share theories and discussions with.

Chodikus 2 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. Dalai Lama

No man is so foolish as to desire war more than peace: sons bury their fathers but in war fathers bury their sons. Herodotus

From:Marijuana Buds for less... All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts. - William Shakespeare

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. Mark Twain

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering. Friedrich Nietzsche

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dali lama.. " if you think you are to small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

I just watched American Pastoral and loved this one: "You come at people with an open mind and yet you never fail to get them wrong. You get them wrong while you're with them. Or you tell someone about them and get them wrong again. That's how we know we're alive. We are wrong." - Philip Roth

Welcome to the enlightenment! There are plenty of folk here who will be happy to engage in debate (including me)!

This is the quote of the week that was:

After Roem's victory and when asked about her opponent, Robert G. Marshall, who proudly referred to himself as Virginia's "chief homophobe," Roem said, "I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now."

Mic drop

True that! Her political future is very bright. Actor Laverne Cox has done so much for my understanding, she is articulate and poised and demands my attention, I know I will always learn something new or more fully understand. Thank you ladies!!

Many great things have been said and written but one of my favorites is an anonymous quote. "There may not be justice in this Universe but, thankfully, there's irony."

THAT is fabulous!

I would be happy to discuss points of view with you at any time.

You want quotes? I got quotes. One of my favorite philosophers is Marx (Groucho Marx)

• Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

• The secret to life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

• I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

"I don't believe in reality but, on the whole, it's still the best place to get a good meal."

Love Groucho Marx.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.