Agnostic.com

5 1

How Do I Spend My Days? How Do You Spend Yours?

The fun and physically active part of my retirement years is over,but I had 26 years that were fantastic.
Because I have and am treated for two different diseases I spend a good part of each day managing my health.
Doctors appointments to be made and transportation to them arranged. Prescription drugs to be ordered and organized for taking. Taking several short walks with my walker for exercise and to stay as limber and flexible as possible. In between the foregoing activities I will read, spend time on the computer and watch news on TV.

alon 6 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Like you I spend time on the computer and watch / listen to news - and I read articles from around the world, walk and talk with my dog a few miles each day. and continue to run a business. I have medical treatment for my eyes, and begrudge the time lost for it, even down to each tablet I must swallow ... too much to do, too much to see, too little time

golf for 8 or 9 months on van isle then lawn bowl for 3 months (a few rounds of golf) in mesa AZ.
just a few blocks from a nice beach so walk there regularly. also enjoy riding my little yamaha motor scooter to the GC & beach.
read a lot. doubt if i'll live long enough to read all the books i've accumulated.
go to our legion frequently & eat out at least once/wk.

Same here managing my health is going well planning on volunteering to group that goes to 3rd world countries providing health care

bobwjr Level 10 June 3, 2019

Right now I'm recuperating with a broken toe.

Normally I hike twice per week, year-round. Also love weightlifting, running and stretching. Laughing and talking with friends. Sewing dresses and skirts. Photography.

Love reading, volunteering and cooking. I cook at home from scratch. Have made bread for 35 years. Kneading is a pleasure.

I am just starting the journey you are on. Looking to retire shortly . Can I PM you for advice?

Yes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:356218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.