Agnostic.com

0 0

LINK Barr brushes off critics of his reputation: 'Everyone dies' | TheHill

Trump's main lawyers don't care about their reputations because "everone dies"

“Everything is gauged by politics,” he continued. “And, as I said, that’s antithetical to how the department runs, and any attorney general in this period is going to end up losing a lot of political capital, and I realize that and that’s one of the reasons that I was ultimately persuaded, that maybe I should take it on because I think that [at] my stage in life it really doesn’t make any difference.”

"I am at the end of my career," Barr, 69, said.

"Everyone dies, and I am not, you know, I don't believe in the Homeric idea that, you know, immortality comes by, you know, having odes sung about you over the centuries, you know?" he added.

Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani shared similar remarks in an interview with The New Yorker last year when asked whether he was concerned about how his time working with the Trump administration would impact his reputation.

“I don’t care about my legacy,” he said. “I’ll be dead.”

jerry99 8 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:356459