Agnostic.com

6 3

Elton John "Rocketman" Musical Biopic is Fantastic!

Wow! Karen and I saw "Rocketman" this evening. I'm still soaring from the music. The movie is touching, beautifully filmed and amazing.

"Taron Edgerton gives a performance with such thrills and vulnerability, such charisma and pathos, that it’s hard not to be wowed. This includes doing all of his own singing." (Christy Lemire, Roger Ebert review.)

I saw Elton John in concert at the Tacoma Dome in the 1980s. He was amazing.

Here's the trailer:

[video.search.yahoo.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard aobut this on NPR. What impressed me was that Elton Joh himself liked the movie, even though it covered a lot of his unflattering past.

@snytiger6

Elton John produced "Rocketman." His husband, David Furnish, helped with the movie.

@LiterateHiker The interview I herd ws with the director. It wasn't mentioned that Elton produced the movie.

His Canadian tour most venues still have some tickets left a few are sold out,I beleive Tororto still has tickets left ,anyone want to meet for an elton party in Toronto ,great way to meet like minded interests

I saw RocketMan Tuesday Night at the theatre and loved it ,learned a lot more about the legend,,I have tickets for his last tour for October for Toronto,,His partner comes from a town about hals hour from me and the have a waterfront property not to far from me also ,but have never seen him in the area,,Happy he finally found love

Saw him in concert with Billy Joel. Amazing.

I was wondering if it would be any good, thanks for the review, I'll definitely see it.

I'm watching it right now, I dislike the english way for musical movies, songs are amazing, but all the parts were people are singing with him like in the cafeteria scene, but its fine.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357156
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.