Agnostic.com

5 0

Religion themed tv shows

I am wondering if anyone else is watching/enjoying any of the religion/god/heaven themed tv shows. I am a hard atheist but am enjoying a few shows that have a religious premise. One is Lucifer - the fallen angel takes a break from running Hell to fight crime in LA. Another is The Good Place - a comedy about a woman who knows it is a mistake when she ends up in what is heaven, by another name. Both have religious themes but I can enjoy them as I would accept any other fictional premise.
Does anyone else watch shows like this?

• 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
A2Jennifer 8 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I enjoy both shows mentioned. I look at is as fiction and a premise. I have recently been doing some art - some of which are devils and angels etc. It's part of the culture like the tooth fairy.

I like many movies but zero weekly religious frauds

Father Ted was the best example!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 12, 2018

I can't vote on any of the options ,although I do tune to the evangelical channels sometimes , just so I can shout at the television . The various campmeetings get me everytime .

Just like watching 'Lord of the Rings' or 'Game of Thrones' they're fun fantasies. Problem is too many people seriously believe in that shit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.