Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK For 2nd day in a row, US military jets intercept Russian bombers off Alaska - ABC News

This is a bit concerning as there was also a close call with ships (Russian/U.S.) in the Philippine Sea.

snytiger6 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nothing out of the ordinary. This tit for tat has been occurring, on both sides, for decades. I worked Naval intelligence in the late 70's early 80's and we all did it. Just now we have more and quicker access to happenings being made public. I had photos of our planes flying next to a Russian civilian airliner. Imagine that today. I'm only concerned when one side ratchets up the rhetoric and uses it for political purposes at home.

Side note: the press published a military report that the Russians had flown near to one of our military planes the other day. If the photo shown was the occurrence, well then, I am not happy with my team, so to speak. The "infringing" Russian was a bomber (possibly Intel equipt). But why and how would it, a Tupolov quad turbo prop, catch up to a top of the line US fighter?

Beo, I live in Ocean Shores. For a while now I noticed non stop flyovers from fighters. We don't normally get traffic like this. Are the North Koreans after me again?

@PondartInc lucky for you the North Koreans are not a conventional threat. They have outdated equipment and no bombers worth spit and no air-to-air refueling capability. North Korea has one of the world's largest gold supplies still in the ground, so maybe the Russians are working for them, just to get to you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.