Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK “Women Are Teachable” Booklet From 1940s

Quite an evolution, eh?

:-----:

“Women Are Teachable” Booklet From 1940s

In this 1940s guide for how male bosses should treat female employees, men were amusingly told that “women are teachable”. The booklet shows just how much the work place has changed since World War II era.

WilliamCharles 8 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems like following basic employment standards for anyone.. Not as much anymore. We actually seem to be moving back away from them, but still.

MsAl Level 8 June 8, 2019

"There's no crying in war material production!"

Don’t you just love this mid C20th social history. A reminder that we have come a long way along the path. Hopefully we keep moving.

Seems like good employer advice for ANYONE not just women. Actually seems more like an advertisement as to WHY to hire women... women are careful, patient, cooperative... aren't those all good things? I'm guessing these qualities are in contrast to the men they were hiring? Well, I'm sure this booklet was ahead of its time, when taken in the mindset of those days.

My grandmother was a welder during World War I because all the men were off to war. The companies hired by the military to make the weapons likely learned about having women in the workforce at that time, and that got passed along to companies over the next decades and into WWII. I wouldn't criticize the efforts made by companies to accommodate a work force they didn't know how to handle.

So refreshing to come across another thinking person from time to time. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357865
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.