Agnostic.com

30 0

My desire to travel is kicking in again. I would love to go somewhere by railroad. Suggestions? Thanks

DUCHESSA 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you're going by railroad take the train. It will be faster and more comfortable.

Hard to beat Scotland for a fun trip.. Can't wait to go back for my motorcycle tour..

[newmarketholidays.co.uk]

Yellowstone? I've thought of takgin the train out there myself.

By the way, I am thinking, also, about a rail trip with stopovers near nudist resorts.

@DUCHESSA That woule be a bit more difficult. Most Nudist resorts are in more secluded areas, while most train stops are in cities and heavily trafficee destinations. Trump has also cut back on AmTrak destinations.

Then again, you could rent a car to get from a train stop to the resorts. I don't drive due to partial blindness, so that is nto an option for me.

@snytiger6 Of course I will have to rent a car...

A coworker of mine took a train trip through a portion of Canada.....she said it was absolutely amazing. I would like to do that one day, too.

I recently had an adventure on a train and to be honest it wasn't all that great. I think we have a tendecny to romanticize the expereince of going by train, it can be rather hard on the body. I went from Oregon to Ohio by train, spent a total of 8 days aboard and after the first 2 days the novelty wore off. It is true I got to see some amazing scenes out my window, and at times met some interesting people, the entirety of the trip and what it cost really wasn't worth it. Perhaps taking the train overnight or even a day trip is fine, but 3-4 days like I said does indeed come with multiple challenges. 🙂

Thanks for the advise; I may not go in a more than three to four days trip.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.