Agnostic.com

4 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps primates observed elephant funerals and the first shaman invented religious rituals along with the invention of spoken language ? I do NOT buy into the lies of "the gawd gene" or CT scans of religious areas of the brain....compassion and grief of parents in animal family societies are the elements of nurturance NOT alleged afterlife expectations....my Service Cats dream and dreams are a function of healthy brain memory processing....bears hibernate for months so do frogs....I suspect the first shamans were anti-Feminists inventing stories to trick women and children into submission for repetitive sex and war excuses brainwashing kids for the next raid upon neighbors tribal savings territory food stored AND VIRGINS TO BE RAPED as it is clearly written in the bibles

Elephants may be smarter than humans for all we know. I was thinking not long ago about just how wild the brain-computer interface could go. These are some seriously wild-ass thoughts too. For example, a bird, with a brain the size of a peanut, could be connected to a server via WIFI, giving it the same or better intelligence as a human. Conversly, a human's consciousness could be transferred into the bird, using the same type of set up . . . . Your pet dog could talk through an interface that has speech-giving capability. This is how wild some of the technology could get . . . . And elephant might make a better computer operator than a human, especially if they have better memories. Imagine sometime it the far future, a fucking elephant being the pilot or navigator of a starship. OK, that is probably a bit to far . . . .

THHA Level 7 June 10, 2019

Very sad 😢

bobwjr Level 10 June 10, 2019

I didn't look either. Many animals grieve. I see a family of swans that the coyotes get their signers every year. The mother mourns for weeks. It is heartbreaking.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:359138
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.