Agnostic.com

13 2

Synesthesia... are you one of the few of us?

pthomas59 7 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is there a medical procedure that could make me one of you?

I viewed a documentary on this condition a few years ago and was astounded .It made me feel i was missing out on a pleasurable experience

No, but most of my thinking is in detailed images. Does that count somehow?

I don't believe I have tasted colors before, but I never thought about it until now.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 12, 2018

I could taste colors once. I was high as fuck on acid. But don’t think that counts.

Yeah it was pretty wild. @pthomas59

Don't know if there is a corelation, but my youngest son has Aspergers and loves the taste of the color yellow. It's not as pronounced as it was when he was a child, but as far as I know it's still there.

Yeah, I have color-graphemic synesthesia, too. I was describing it to people long before I had a word for it and they all just thought I was wierd.

Wow! That's really interesting.

No, but it seems like it could be fun!

I am a musician and thought everyone saw music in colour....lol...no....just me then...

I can smell what your cooking, but I can't hear if it is seasoned right...that is definitely a rare condition. Wasn't there a drug that could imitate it? I only vaguely remember this from the 90's, because, well, it was the 90's.

@pthomas59 haha! I love it! That is an artist dream.

I had to look that term up.
I'm going to say, no, I am not.

Smell your words, hear the colors, taste the thoughts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.