Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK Study reveals how screwed we’d be during a GPS outage

Screwed? Really? Are we that dependent as a society on it? Does anyone know of anything else that would be affected?

IAJO163 8 June 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm 100% paper maps....

I use as convience can read maps take directions

bobwjr Level 10 June 15, 2019

I have traveled across the USA without a GPS or map...I know my geography and how the road numbering system works...I do have a compass in my car...

I can also call people for this thing called "directions"...

I wouldn't be screwed...but I am sure a lot of people would be...

Anything that relies on receiving information, gas pumps, cash registers, fitbit, etc. would be affected...I probably couldn't even get my air conditioner to work without Alexa...ha ha..

I like to visit waterfalls, none of which have a street address..my map-using (and stopping to ask!) skills are sharp!

Am I the only one with an atlas in my car?

MizJ Level 8 June 15, 2019

Nope! You're not! I have one right here on my desk....of course, it's propping up my monitor....but, still...I use it all the time!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.