Agnostic.com

3 8

Happy Father's Day to dads involved in their kids' lives

Robert Schlesinger: Fatherhood is a balancing act full of nerves, joy, frustration and evolution.

I love it.

"You are a wonderful father," I said today, calling my ex-husband for Father's Day.

Terry started Claire with tennis at age 3, hitting balloons and tennis balls with a tiny racket like a baseball bat. They played tennis together each Sunday until Claire left for college.

Terry and Claire were both varsity doubles tennis players for four years at Wenatchee High School. They have plaques in the high school gym, 40 years apart.

At age 23, Claire made Terry this collage on her Iphone for Father's Day.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very loving family,i can see why you are so proud?

@RoyMillar

Thank you so much!

We feel proud of Claire. She has evolved into a loving, caring, articulate, hard-working, funny, intelligent and successful young adult.

I once saved up my allowance for two months to buy my father a new belt for Father’s Day. Later that year he used that belt to whip me.

@indirect76

That is so sad.

My parents never spanked or hit us four kids. We never spanked Claire.

Hitting children teaches them to use violence when conflict arises.

@LiterateHiker It would be really sad if that actually happened.

Nice post—thanks!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:361691
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.