Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK The Belief That Trump Is a Messiah Is Rampant and Dangerous | Psychology Today

"But there is another major reason why Trump loyalists do not waver no matter how he behaves or what scandals come to light. For most evangelicals, it is not only fear that keeps them in line, but it is also faith. As a cognitive psychology researcher who has been writing about the science underlying Trump’s unshakable support since he began his presidential campaign, I have learned—through comments, emails, and discussion forums—that a significant portion of his supporters literally believe the president was an answer to their prayers. He is regarded as something of a messiah, sent by God to protect a Christian nation."

WilliamCharles 8 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You would think tht those who believe in an anti-Christ would be alarmed, but nope.

Aleister Crowley said he was the antichrist, and Nietzsche before him. Maybe this time is for real.

At the core of any genuine fanciest regime lies a strong man. He and his closest supporters promote a cult of personality, that somehow elevates him above other humans.This is usually some sort of authorization from God.

My take on this is the way it is set up. Trump is the buffoon that has Mike Pence as his VP. If Trump was out of the way tomorrow the Evangelicals know that Pence would be in power and they see the long awaited Christian Nation as something that was in god's plan all along. It's only a heartbeat away!

As for Donald Trump I would vote for a pile of dogshit before I ever voted for that man. Both he and Pence are a big joke!

It is not as if Jesus or Muhammad (or maybe Adolf) were good messiahs. But DT? He is clearly a mobster, a pathological lier, an indecent immoral man, a cheat and possibly a traitor. So, please explain to me how is it possible that millions of people can think he is some sort of "messiah"?

"If you tell the same people, over and over again, the same thing, they will believe it"--Charles Manson

@davknight Very appropriate quote. I think Adolf H said/wrote the same in Mein Kampf.

@COGITOERGOSUM That's probably where Chucky got it from!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:362419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.