Agnostic.com

1 3

To anyone who thinks we can keep conservative vs liberal politics totally out of questions of atheism, you've already lost that battle, as far as white evangelicals like this pastor are concerned. In fact, ever since the GOP's Southern Strategy took root as a result of the Civil Rights movement in the '60s, Republican establishment has been cynically, disingenuously using people's faith and racial bigotry to dupe them into supporting GOP policies not in those people's economic best interest. In an ideal world, a rational world, you could separate these different issues, but we don't live in such a world. Get a load of this pastor: Exhibit A:
[patheos.com]

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

By showing their interest in using a foreign country illegally to gain disparaging info on their competiters just shows how low they can go to win. I ran as a republican and won earily in my life but they have long lost the interests of he people. I have been a dem for50 years and at times they are the best of two evils which also is discouaging. We need those term limits and new blood.

Agreed. I am Democrat as much by default as anything. But the GOP, once at least claiming to stand for fiscal responsibility and sensible national defense, had long ago lost even any semblance of a claim to those causes. They are now bald-faced Machiavellian power hungry liars oppressing the working and middle class citizens. And they have cynically used people race-based and "other"-based fears to dupe them into supporting the party of Corprate protectionism and largesse. It is horrible. We really need a multi-party parliamentary system in this nation to have actual proportional representation. Here it is winner-take-all. We have been betrayed by the exploitable weaknesses of the two-party system.

Unfortunately, people erroneously think we can change that by voting for third party presidential candidates every four years. That is a futile red herring that does NOTHING to change Congress, which is the main root of our government problems. Bleh!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36304
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.