Agnostic.com

10 5

Book, idea, community, sharing/recommendations

New person here, Hoping to start a sharing/discussion rampage.
As a former Christian, still located in a very religious community, where can we find people who share our views and find a sense of community? Personally open to moving and ideas on that

What are some ideas you hold that help give your life some kind of order(Personally, 7 Habits has been helpful but I am looking beyond)?

What kind of movements/ideas are happening in the atheist/humanist world that should be out and talked about?

Was hoping just to start dialogue, please remove if egregious

tr1st3n 2 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here you are where your answers were posted over 2 years ago..... my reply is Atheists don't need to replace religion in their lives....of course I have never been an adult xian since 1957 when I concluded religions Santa Claus teeth fairies boy bunnies laying candy eggs on dogshit lawns were equal lies and jokes at the expense of children like alleged vaginal virgins birthing alleged baby gawds every midnight December 24-25 in dirty donkey stables everywhere..
Steven Covey is just another cult liar pretending religion will make you successful.... 7 habits are irrelevant to scientific or solutions oriented career paths
.....Humanists spin many words about Atheism into their version of "philosophy" but I recommend you study ethics of your chosen profession and treat your neighbors and family as you want to be treated.....glad you left the xian cult/s....the weaker they get the closer to world peace this planet gets

Start by giving xians their due and RESPECTING Atheists Humanists Agnostics by rejecting xian Webster falsely defining us .....the alleged gawd gott gods sounds are NOT real words ...only gibberish used by believers who have zero evidence for exactly what and where their geebush jeehobah yhwh ghostholes alleged is

read Sapiens and Homo Deus

NR92 Level 6 June 20, 2019

Just finished Homo Deus. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

@Naills1675 Read the Sapiens as well, the Homo Deus tells about future, the Sapiens tells about the past history of human

What we read and watch comes up all the time in general conversation.

We have groups that put up the latest podcasts - some that might mentions books - others about YouTube Videos. If you roam around the site a bit you'll find a lot here.

Just search under the "Group" button up top. It helps to level up a bit too. So keep posting.

These groups might be a flavor of what you are looking for. But be sure to join a few for fun too.

"American Humanists Association"

"Freedom from Religion Foundation"

And this is the largest Atheist group in the US - [atheists.org] They have conventions etc..

what gives life order..the right drug?

Hello new person welcome to this site. It may not be so easy for you to find that same kind of community that you had while being religious but don't despair there will be like minded people there just a bit more difficult to find them. Meanwhile you have us.

What gives my life order: Hard work, caring, curiosity, responsibility, valuing education, kindness, humanity, and continually asking again and again what is goodness, truth, beauty, and wisdom because those are the only conversations worth having (the last half of that was paraphrased from Hitchens, and he paraphrased them from the ancient Greeks).

I'd be careful of this lot. I think you should try a more welcoming bunch, like Dixie Atheists, or Centre for Inquiry or something. These guys are a bunch of pricks.

Remember what Gandhi said.

Anyway, my anger aside, welcome to this club Tristen. I hope you get your questions answered and find whatever it is you're looking for.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

Do they offer straight jackets?

@tr1st3n You have to bring your own.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I just read a lot. That got me out of religion and keeps me interested.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:363092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.